Arvest Mobile Banking Update Coming Soon

Wednesday, August 03 at 11:33 AM
Category: Personal Finance

Arvest Bank is bringing you a new and improved Mobile Banking experience! Our current mobile banking provider is ceasing operations later in 2011 and this has given us the opportunity to implement a new and more advanced mobile banking service. We will launch our new Arvest Mobile Banking later in the year; watch the blog, Facebook and Twitter for further updates!

While there will be a transition period that will cause all Arvest Mobile Banking users to make some changes and re-enroll, it will be worth it in the end. The new Arvest Mobile Banking will bring additional functionality and will expand the number of supported devices. We do not expect any service interruptions during the transition to the new service. When the time comes, we'll provide detailed instructions to get started with the new Mobile Banking and at that time you can make the switch.

There are some big improvements in store for the new Mobile Banking.

• 3 ways to do your banking via your mobile device:
    • Text/SMS Banking - send and receive information via texts
    • Mobile Web Banking - log in using your phone's web browser
    • Application Banking - dedicated apps for some phone operating systems
  • Initially an updated iPhone app will be available, followed soon by Android and Blackberry dedicated apps.
  • The new Mobile Banking will have built-in Branch and ATM locator functionality.

It is a priority for us to keep you informed as the upgrade approaches, please watch the blog for additional updates.

If you are an existing Mobile Banking user, we will be sending you emails to keep you informed and up to date.  To make sure you are included in these emails, please log in to Arvest Online Banking and select Alerts & Messages, then use Manage Delivery Options to update your email address.

Tags: Mobile Banking, Online Services, Technology
Glenn Copeland on 8/11/2011 at 8:38 AM

I suggest you add Virgin Mobile to your list of mobile carriers. Arvest is pretty far behind my other bank, Regions, in digital technology. Not being in step with the times is what caused the demise of Borders. Hire a few forward-thinking individuals to keep you ahead of the technology instead of constantly bringing up the rear.

Glenn

Tara on 8/12/2011 at 3:47 PM

I would suggest that you also add other carriers such as Boost and Cricket. More and more of us are refusing to needlessly pay for and sign a contract with the major carriers. There is simply no longer a need for it and we refuse to be locked in for two years.

The only reason I keep my major everyday funds with Liberty Bank is because of the mobile access.

Richard on 8/14/2011 at 2:15 PM

A Windows Phone 7 app would be nice or at least a lighter weight website that would load quicker on 3g.

Joseph on 8/16/2011 at 11:49 AM

With the new Mobile Banking update coming, will there be an app for the iPad and iPad 2?

Arvest Blog Admin on 8/17/2011 at 7:24 AM

Joseph - Thank you for your question.  The new Arvest Mobile Banking will not have an iPad optimized application upon launch, this could come at a later date.  At launch, iPad users can use the classic Arvest Online Banking in the browser, the new Mobile Banking using the browser or can download the new iPhone Mobile Banking App for use on the iPad.

Mary on 8/17/2011 at 11:38 AM

I love my Arvest App for iPhone.  Will the new app allow me to deposit a check by submitting an image of it?  I live in TX, far away from any Arvest branch and would love to make my deposits this way rather than overnighting paper checks.  Thanks!

Darrell on 8/18/2011 at 7:27 AM

It would be nice if you add more At & t phones, I have a new HTC Inspire 4g and "NO" one put this phone in its options, I have been with Arvest for many years and I do all my bill pay on line it would be nice if I could do this on my phone.

Alex on 8/19/2011 at 1:20 PM

I have the new Samsung Infuse and the app isn't available for my phone. Its rather disappointing. I'm hoping it will be available with the new update because I love Arvest!

Wendell on 8/25/2011 at 10:14 AM

It would be nice to have a droid app for arvest. Use to have an iPhone and switched for a droid.. but no app..

Vicki on 8/26/2011 at 8:15 PM

i second the request of Darrell's....I also have the same phone and frustrated that this top of the line phone is not on the list!! But you have other HTC phones??

suzie on 8/27/2011 at 4:51 PM

I too have the new Samsung Infuse, yes please set us up??? thanks suzie

Arvest Blog Admin on 8/29/2011 at 1:13 PM

Hello everyone,

The new version of mobile banking that we are preparing for you will run on ANY device that supports a mobile web browser.

It will also support SMS/Text banking for all functions except paying bills.

In addition, it will also include a new version of the iPhone app, and we are working on future app releases for Android and BlackBerry.

Continue to watch our blog and www.arvestmobile.com for more information and updates.

Thanks!

Mike on 8/29/2011 at 9:16 PM

I suggest mobile phone check deposit.  I find it quite convenient with my other bank, USAA.

Arvest Blog Admin on 8/30/2011 at 7:38 AM

Mike - We agree, Mobile Deposit is a great new service for banking customers.  Arvest has plans to add this service in the near future and we think our customers will love it!

Robyn on 9/8/2011 at 10:57 AM

The information I've found is that this new improved mobile banking will come "later in 2011." How much later? It's already September, so should we be looking for it to be closer to December or even January? I've had my iPhone through Verizon since February and I downloaded the app but I can't use it because it's currently not supported.

Thanks for having the blog and answering these questions. I love that I can stay updated while waiting for an app I can use.

Arvest Blog Admin on 9/8/2011 at 3:10 PM

Robyn,

We actually have a newer blog post about mobile banking at http://www.arvestblog.com/blog/2011/8/30/new_arvest_mobile_banking_lau.aspx.  We have scheduled our new mobile banking to be available on September 19th.

Hammy Havoc on 3/28/2014 at 10:44 PM
Sort out a Windows Phone app!